Thursday, December 24, 2009

What pressed powder makeup is best for oily, acne prone skin?

Thanks!What pressed powder makeup is best for oily, acne prone skin?
Pressed powder and pressed powder-type foundations are not really good for oily and acne-prone skin, even if they are hypo-allergenic. Regardless of what brand you choose, the loose powder is always better for that type of skin.





And for foundation, if you don't like the mineral powder types that are all the rage now, you should go with a hypo-allergenic and fragrance-free liquid - they are water-based and will not clog your pores like creamy compact and powder foundations.What pressed powder makeup is best for oily, acne prone skin?
try bare minerals or physician's formula
try maybe the origins brand or proactive.. they have compacts too
I would try a powder from nuetrogena because they are targeted towards these problems. and you can find it at just about any drugstore.





i would suggest this one:





http://www.neutrogena.com/CosmeticsDetai鈥?/a>
I use to have your kinda skin...what u wanna try doing is if u use a scrub almost every day or every other is try to reduce it to once a week and just use a gentle face foam cleanser for washing it daily and adding spot meds where u need it. As well as Moisturize well every day. oiliness probably will reduce as well as your acne...the face tends to compensate for dryness and irritation with the oiliness and as a result can give you more acne and a red look to your face.


the foundation I use since I do still have a tendency for slight oily skin in the t zone after a few hours is a bit on the expensive side...its Dior skin airflash (its like 60 dollars but it lasts for like 2-3 months)...its a spray u use on a real fluffy kinda brush it comes out liquid and drys powder...it feels really light on the skin but evens out the skin tone and it keeps the oil from comming up really at all...if if still comes up just apply a bit of loose powder where its shinny.
When you find out let me know!!!!
I was always a liquid foundation lover, until I found this. . . .





Aloette's Ultra Finish SPF 15 is amazing. It is a 4-in-1 good-for-your-skin cosmetic product. A pressed mineral based foundation, a concealer, SPF 15 sun protection and your powder finish. It is infused with vitamins and contains NO TALC. It does not clog the pores.
Pressed powder is no good for oily skin as it cloggs the pores, but my wife has found that maybellene shine free loose powder is fantastic for her skin which is oily and acne prone she would often have breakouts, wash makeup off everynight with clearasil face wipes.
ARBONNE.


They have a mineral powder.


Go to Arbonne.com and find a sales rep near you.





NO ANIMAL BY-PRODUCTS.
bare minerals- its a little expensive, but worth every penny





if you forget to wash it off one night, so be it. it doesnt have talc in it and other skin harming additives that cause your skin to look bad after the makeup is off. it has built in moisturizer that polishes your skin to help it look brilliant when you wake up in the morning.
I really like the new Almay powder. I have the same type of skin, and haven't had any problems!!!





http://www.almay.com/Pg/Main/CatProdDet.鈥?/a>





I've also heard many good things about the Bare Minerals!
i really like maybelliene's shine free line...its oil free and feels light, and it hasn't ever really broken me out. i would totally recommend it.
bare minerals. it is fabulous for acne-prone skin. i use it and it makes my blemishes disappear without clogging my pores. couldn't be any better!
Mary Kay dual coverage powder, flawless, and if you use the Mk foundation you barely have to touch up!!!
I know i am not answering your question directly, still i would like to convey my opinion. Skin complexion is relative to what we eat. Like the old saying, beauty starts from within.





I have heard that Olive oil is really fantastic for your skin. Especially if it's taken as part of your daily food intake. I know guys who live past 90 and have very good skin complexion in Italy, mainly because of their habit of adding Olive Oil to their food.
I have oily skin too and pressed powder doesn't really work for me and I have tried all kinds. The best make-up I have used so far is Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation. It's pretty cheap but works great with my oily skin. Stays on for a long time.
I use the Max Factor Pancake foundations. You can dab your sponge in a little water to apply it smoothly across your face. Then after it dries (which is pretty quick!) you use it like a powder. And I have to say, my skin is absolutely flawless after I have it on. I also have incredibly oily skin. And I'm telling you. This stuff works. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment