Thursday, December 24, 2009

Am I using too much powder when applying my makeup?

After applying my liquid foundation, I let it dry for a minute, then apply a pressed powder foundation. I then sweep on top of that a loose powder. Is it okay to finish with two powders, or is that going to look too cakey? What's the difference between a finish with a pressed vs loose powder? Any nelp would be great!Am I using too much powder when applying my makeup?
do u feel like it looks cakey? does ur powder settle into ur lines? if not, then ure probably doing ok.Am I using too much powder when applying my makeup?
Ok, so here's what you do...


(do this before any other part of your makeup)





1) use liquid foundation as normal.


2) take a natural mineral powder that matches your skin tone (maybe even slightly lighter) and put on greasy parts of your face.


3) take a facial buffing brush and buff in a circular motion all over your face for thirty seconds. this evens out your skin tone, makes it look more natural, and prevents the powder from wearing off quickly.


4) use second powder as desired.





I have found that with pressed powder, it is easier to control the amount of powder you put on your face. But that's just me. Maybe something different will work for you. Remember, your skin is completely unique.





PS- Beware of over-applying powder! This will leave your skin stiff, feeling dirty, and dehydrated. Better to under-apply powder than over-apply. If your face is really oily, then invest in some oil-absorbing facial sheets. They work wonders!
No, I do that too.


Just make sure you don't put on too much liquid foundation or pressed powder. That's the stuff that makes you look really cakey. After you have the powder on your brush, shake it or tap it or flick it to get most of the powder off. That's the amount you should put on your face. You should really only ';dip'; your brush in your powder 2-4 times. In your T-zone areas each time, spreading it out in circular motions.


Same goes for the loose powder.
You should probably be only using one form of powder. Loose is generally used to finish and set the makeup at home, and pressed was formulated to carry in your purse for touch ups.





Skip using the pressed powder in the morning, and just use the loose powder.
I do the same thing, or well I used to. Just try not getting a makeup too dark for your skin. I used lotion, then foundation, concealer around my eyes, loose face powder and a tiny bit of brozer on my cheecks instead of a stupid blush.
You should only be using one.





With a pressed powder, it will go on with a bit more coverage and a bit heavier than with a loose powder.
I use liquid foundation and then loose because when its pressed its more for a one layer make up
You should be able to tell if it looks cakey.

No comments:

Post a Comment