Friday, December 18, 2009

Does powder mineral makeup dry out your skin?

I have dry skin to start with, but I stopped using liquid foundation because I was getting blackheads and clogged pores. Now my skin is SUPER dry and flaky. Is the powder makeup causing this? What can I do?Does powder mineral makeup dry out your skin?
Something I found is you need to exfoliate your skin when you can (your entire face and neck). When you do this the dead skin cells are removed and new skin cells form. The skin looks fresher and cleaner. You also need a good moisturizer, even if your skin is oily (Proactive has a good one). Moisturize right after washing and slightly towel drying, while skin is damp. Before applying your mineral makeup, make sure your lotions and primer have set. Use good brushes (clean) and really swirl, tap and buff (this way it doesn't look powdery when applied). You could also try a good primer like smash-box photo-finish primer or studio line (the primer is smoothing and makes your makeup lay on the skin nicely and last longer). Apply before any makeup, but after moisturizer. Lastly, you also might need to drink more water (at least 8 glasses a day). Hope this helps. ; )Does powder mineral makeup dry out your skin?
my skin is dry %26amp; ultra sensitive, i am a 6 year bare minerals user, and my skin has actually improved a lot, it is not so dry %26amp; flaky anymore. any good quality mineral make-up won't dry out your skin. make sure to use a good moisturizer for dry, sensitive skin as well. your skin needs a little time to adjust to the new make-up brand, just use a gentle cleanser, and moisturizer, and the mineral make-up will help your skin recover.
To prevent dry and flaky skin, try putting some of your favorite lotion on before applying the powder. I use both liquid and powder, and my skin's absolutely fine. But go with what someone said earlier. Bear Minerals are really good for your skin. But don't forget: LOTION FIRST!





~Hope I Helped~


HorseRider
Well, it's probably because your face is used to sucking up the moister from the liquid foundation. I suggest getting a face moisterizer, NOT NORMAL MOISTERIZER! Normal moisterizer will cause breakouts and leave your face oily. I use a moisterizer that has acne treatment in it. I hope this helps!
Liquid foundation sucks! I use BareMineral which is a powder form. It is amazing! I wouldnt go back to using anything else. You can get it on their website or I bought it on ebay (just make sure it is real, and know what you want). It seems more expensive but it lasts a lot longer than you think. One little bottle lasts me about 2-3 months. It does not make my skin dry and feels like Im not even wearing any. If I were you and wanted to try it...they have a starter kit you can buy on their website. Hope this helps and I promise you would like this...





http://www.bareminerals.com/
The powder minerals, all contain high bismuth and talc contents, this is why it makes you glow because bismuth is high shine, but it also a form of arsenic, yep arsenic.....


the talc clogs pores and dry's out your skin. This is why I only use the brand bee luscious comsmetics and their liquid powder mineral foundation is amazing, because it goes on as a liquid so you control how even it goes on and itn dry's powdery soft, its hypo allergenic and a name brand you can trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment