Thursday, December 24, 2009

Could I cut my makeup setting powder with baby powder?

The setting powder that I buy is expensive and i'm almost out. I'm between jobs so I'm running low on cash. I use liquid foundation. Could I cut the setting powder with baby powder to make it last longer?Could I cut my makeup setting powder with baby powder?
Hey!





It depends. . . The skin on our bodies is different from that of our face. Even though baby powder is considerably gentle, it does contain fragrance which is a synthetic combination of chemicals.





I would more likely agree with using cornstarch but not too much as it might create a chalky effect with your expensive setting powder. Most quality powders do contain Zea Mays (corn starch), so that might not be a bad idea.





A setting powder I fell in love with but doesn't cost too much:


Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust. So natural, less expense!


Check out www.everydayminerals.com - I'm hooked!





Hope it helps!!!Could I cut my makeup setting powder with baby powder?
yes, or corn starch
Baby powder contains talc, which is know for clogging pores. So...might be great for your bottom, but not your face!
Baby powder is very gentle but it always appear chalky and not natural. Instead try an inexpensive pressed powder like Covergirl or Maybelline instead. This will help the makeup set after applying the liquid foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment