Thursday, December 24, 2009

What's the difference between fair ivory and light ivory makeup and powder? Does one have yellow undertones ?

I have fair skin with slight yellow undertones. My foundation and powder tends to end up looking pink so I wondered which color would be better? Or should I be doing something else different? I have very light blonde hair and blue eyes. I use Revelon Colorstay in Ivory or sometimes I use Dream Matte Mouse in Light Ivory 2 with Covergirl Light Ivory Powder.What's the difference between fair ivory and light ivory makeup and powder? Does one have yellow undertones ?
I have yellow undertones and am fair skinned. When I use my Neutrogena foundation, I mix the lightest with the next one up to get a color that is right for me. I usually have to do that because the one is too light and the next is too dark (unless I am tan).


I also really like the Loreal micro powder foundation. I use the lightest color and the next one up where I want a deeper color (shading).


For powder I use sally hansen (used to be cornsilk) no color loose powder. Works nicely. Sometimes powders can be what is pink tones too.


Bottom line, when using a lotion foundation I usually mix two colors.


Oh yeah, and when you buy make up...different brands run differently in terms of on the pink side or on the yellow side. I find covergirl looks pink...What's the difference between fair ivory and light ivory makeup and powder? Does one have yellow undertones ?
Fair or 'natural' Ivory tends to have more pinkish, or pinkred tones in the base. Light or 'pale' ivory tends to have more of a whitish or very, very light yellowpeach tone. If your base looks 'off', I would suggest switching to Light or Pale ivory; my base always looked too redish or pinkish when I used Fair/Natural Ivory. I switched to Light/Pale and it looked much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment