Thursday, December 24, 2009

Does a finishing powder help mineral makeup to stay on longer?

I bought Sheer Miracle mineral makeup. I love it ---for about the first hour, then it just fades away. Do I need to use a finishing powder to set the makeup? This is the only brand of mineral makeup I have tried and the first I have used mineral makeup. Any suggestions? Thanks.Does a finishing powder help mineral makeup to stay on longer?
that question i found pretty funny only because powder is still powder even if it is mineral, thats means... powder is only meant to stay for a few hour(s). nothing will stop it from fading unless its a cream powder(buts that a whole another story).





theres a reason why not everyone uses mineral powders, although it may be good for the skin, it does not have staying powder, ur meant to reapply throughout the day. and it does not give enough coverage for some people.





when people use liquid foundation and powder on top it stays all day





ps: try mixing it withing your moisturizer instead, cause adding another powder on top of it is not gonna do anythingDoes a finishing powder help mineral makeup to stay on longer?
you should only mix it with jojoba oil if you have dry skin, if you have normal or acne skin, stay away! just mix it with any face moisturizer Report Abuse

some brands last longer than others.. but great tip on using moisturizer- try afterglow at http://www.carefreebeauty.eu Report Abuse

I would highly recommend changing to Bare Esentuals. It is a better quality product and the mineral vein you put on afterwards keeps everything really smooth. If you want to stick with the sheer miracle I would recommend purchasing the Mineral Veil sold by Bare Esentuals that should help a little.
Get Bare Minerals...its the best thing that is and ever will be. If you follow the instructions and watch the dvd and stuff or ask them how to put it on (swirl,tap,and buff) then it will stay forever....
Bare Minerals has the best finishing powder called ';Viel';. It worked great. I use the loose viel powder at 6am %26amp; in the middle of the day, I just pressed lightly on my T-zone up with my powder compact. That's it! No cakey feeling either.
I use Bare Escentuals and they have their sheer finishing powder called Mineral Veil. What it does is puts a sheer finish over your face creating a light effect that minimizes your pores, helps control oil, and sets your makeup. If your makeup is fading, try putting on the finishing powder first, then apply the foundation, then another veil of finishing powder! It really helps on those hot days when you sweat more also! Good luck! And good job for using Mineral Makeup! You're skin thanks you :)
Try lancome
No, I don't think that a finishing powder helps the foundation stay on longer. It just might be the brand of foundation you are using. Many mineral foundations do not last. I found kms mineral essentials not too long ago, and I love the wear I get out of it whether I use the finishing veil or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment