Monday, December 28, 2009

Where can I find very pale makeup and loose powder for the goth look?

I am going to a halloween party and decided to dress goth. I thought about using ivory makeup and baby powder. I can't find any really light makeup at the stores. I am dying my hair black, I have brown eyes, light olive complexion and I am looking for that pretty gothic burlesque look - not the white face etc.Where can I find very pale makeup and loose powder for the goth look?
More power to you for trying to do a lovely job instead of doing the cheesey thing like a lot of people with your idea might have done.





If you don't want to deal with buying something online, you might try a sally beauty supply, if you have one. Mary Kay also has some LIGHT foundations, and they come out nice and translucent. Failing that, here are some places to order cosmetics from.





http://www.amphigory.com/powder_pressed.鈥?/a>


If you wind up shopping from this company- you might not want to stop at the powder. (scroll down for darker shades) They have some of the most lovely lip and eye shades I've ever seen. They also have sample sizes available if you just want it for the night.





http://www.manicpanic.com/gothwhite.html Here's one option from Manic Panic. I've had some good experiences with their products, but haven't used this one. They've also got some light shades that aren't WHITE exactly. http://www.manicpanic.com/vampyres_veil_鈥?/a>


I'd reccommend that for the more subtle look.





Everybody else is going to reccommend Hot Topic- I won't. They're more likely to carry the cheeseball greasepaint type makeup which it doesn't sound like you want. They've got some nice eye products, though. This time of year they also have some decent costume jewelery.


Have fun and good luck!Where can I find very pale makeup and loose powder for the goth look?
Avon, they have all colours
Bare essentials has really like skinned make up
avon
puritycosmetics.co.uk do a pale colour.
well as loose powder you can use baby powder, it gives you a very pale look. which is exactly what your looking for.
Try Hot Topic. They have lots of vampire-ish makeup to help. If there's not one in a mall near you, theyre somewhere online. I'm sure you can order some through thier website.





http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/index.j鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment