Thursday, January 7, 2010

I want to try out a new face powder, what is the best for oily skin? Is mineral makeup any good?

I get some some small blemishes sometimes and I have some minor scaring from breakeouts when I was a teenager.I want to try out a new face powder, what is the best for oily skin? Is mineral makeup any good?
Bare Minerals is GREAT because it's so light, yet covers up oily skin, and/or blemishes. The only thing you have to be very careful with is that it's tricky to match up your skin tone; more so than a powder or MAC liquid makeup (I have noticed, anyhow. . .). If you're going to invest in a new mineral product then I would suggest going to a makeup store that will let you try samples before buying, like Sephora or something similar in your area.I want to try out a new face powder, what is the best for oily skin? Is mineral makeup any good?
Make sure that you use a product that is hypo-allergenic. If you mean mineral oil--stay away from that ingredient as it can poison your skin.
I'm glad u asked this ..I was so scared to try Bare Minerals...It was the best thing I ever did. It not only covers up my oily scared skin but my break outs have stopped. Try it what can u lose.You can always get your money back.
Tips for great skin and good makeup


http://www.askaquery.com/Answers/qn1713.鈥?/a>





Home Made Remedies For Healthy Skin


http://www.askaquery.com/Answers/qn1672.鈥?/a>
I would try Liquid or a mineral
I absolutely love bare minerals!! It makes your skin look smooth and soft, but not cakey... try it! You'll love it.
Not sure which MAC powder you're using.





I do not wear foundation but sometimes need heavier coverage for breakouts. I use their STUDIO FIX, but I apply (after dotting MAC Select Moisturecover concealer on spots) with a brush, b/c the sponge seems too heavy for me. I use this concealer b/c it's an easy shade match, and is oil-free, and non-comedogenic....water-based. The Studio Fix definitely gives more coverage than other MAC powders. Ask them for something lighter if you don't need this much coverage. Like I said, I apply lightly with a brush instead of the sponge.





At Ulta I've used their Studio Gear brand. It's fine-milled like MAC, priced about the same. I mostly stick w/MAC b/c of shade issues. I really like the Studio Gear, though.





I've also used Clinique Blended Face Powder. Not as much coverage as MAC, and not as many shades (I'm Casper the Friendly Ghost pale) for a close match, but good.
Mineral make up is absolutely the best. Hands down, no question. Try Bare Minerals or Arbonne, both are amazing.
MINERAL MAKEUP is the answer!





It looks natural, and makes your skin look flawless, even with scars, acne, skin discolorations, freckles, anything you want to cover invisibly. It never runs or fades or clogs your pores. You can even SWIM in it, because it's water-resistant for up to 30 minutes or so, so imagine how sweating and humidity won't make it run! Feels sheer and light, so it doesn't overheat your face! Also has a natural 15 to 30 SPF, which everyone needs to keep the sun from damaging and aging their skin.





Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals is the most famous - and the most expensive. Do a search for 'mineral makeup' on eBay - many, many brands of mineral makeup to choose from, and lots of great deals!!





I've been using the stuff for 2 years and I will NEVER go back! It's completely amazing stuff, and I wish I'd known about it years ago!
i have dark pigmentation on my face and i used to wear mary kay foundation..but it felt very cakey...and i soon discovered bare essentials and I LOVE IT....you put it on in the morning and in the evening your face still looks fresh like you just put it on....thats how good this stuff is....they sell trial sizes if you wanna start off that way....
I love arbonne's new about face mineral powder foundation; it has an SPF of 15 to protect you from the sun, covers well but looks really natural, and comes in a wide variety of shades. You can also try their intelligence personalizer under your foundation. It balances oily areas, covers redness and keeps your matte finish for hours on end! These are two of my personal favorites. I have that oily t-zone that really acts up during these humid summer months. You can shop on line at www.LiveNaturally.MyArbonne.com
Do we really want our freckles covered? I want to still look like a human not a doll.





I tried a mineral makeup and I hated it. First even though it was the lightest color it looked orange on and it was thick and cakey, like a pancake feel. Yuck!


I have tried covergirls two part makeup that has a base primer with spf. I really like it even though it is on the cheap side.
bare minerals is great


but i love even more estee lauder face maekup super sheer and light


concealer from there is fabulous also


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment