Thursday, January 7, 2010

Does bare minerals look the same on face than regular powder makeup???

if not then what does it look like..can you tell your wearing makeup??Does bare minerals look the same on face than regular powder makeup???
I got a bare minerals starter kit last year, and for a while I was happy with it because I had this mindset that it was perfect makeup, but eventually I realized that it looked pretty awful. Bare minerals isn't that bad as long as you already have pretty much perfect skin. It is awful (in my opinion) at covering acne, and things like that. If you have clear skin it might be alright for you, but I don't really recommend it. (I've never been a big fan of only using powder anyway, so it may just be me) As I said in the comment I left in one of your other questions, I recommend loreal's truematch liquid foundation, it blends easily and has nice coverage. But always go with what you're comfortable with, and it's always good to try new things. Life is all about trial and error, keep trying until you find something perfect that you love and that looks great. Also http://www.youtube.com/user/amy04 has really great makeup videos if you wanna watch some of those, it never hurts to learn.








Sorry this is so long %26gt;.%26gt; I tend to get carried away











Oh and Avon carries a great mineral powder foundation, and I'm pretty sure it's alot cheaper than bare mineralsDoes bare minerals look the same on face than regular powder makeup???
no...it's really shiny and cakey looking!!!


I hate it.


Get LA Minerals hollywood or NoHoGlo foundation instead. It's much better and cheaper. Plus no bismuth in it.
No it dosen't becuase it's not he same as regular powder. Most powders are not foundations, they are just powders, made mostly of cornstarch and talcs to absorb oil. Bare escentuals is ok, however it is overhyped. I am a professional makeup artist, the point of makeup is to make you look as good as possible and make it look like it comes to you naturally. I use faerie organic minerals on all my clientel for several reasons. Everyone wants that celebrity *glow and this makeup does it naturally. Bare escentuals uses some cheap fillers and chemical preservatives they use bismuth oxychloride which is cheap and can cause irritation or the dreaded itchy feeling, faerie organic uses Boron nitride a high end mineral that costs A LOT, but makes you look flawless. They have natural spf, its pretty much waterproof, cheaper than bare escentuals, looks completley natural. You can get a sample kit for like $5.99. http://www.faerieorganic.com They have real before and afters unlike bigger sites where they have computer edited models. Check it out.
bare minerals is great. never cakes and holds shine at bay. its great stuff. no not the same as other powders. apply right and its great

No comments:

Post a Comment